Youth Group combines a balance of fellowship, faith and mission opportunities, and is open to all youth in this and the surrounding communities in grades 6 – 12. Youth and their leaders meet on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. We will start our year on September 25, meeting in the Edwards Room. Several times a year we gather with sister churches in Northampton for ecumenical youth events.
Participation in the life of the church and the community includes:
- serving at the Advent dinner
- serving at Cathedral in the Night
- hosting the annual Palm Sunday Breakfast
- participating as liturgists, ushers and communion servers during worship
- participating in outreach projects
- participating in the CROP Walk, the Hot Chocolate Run and the PRIDE parade
Mission opportunities, both local and beyond this community and have included:
- hurricane relief efforts in Monson, MA
- gleaning for Rachel’s Table in Springfield, MA
- volunteering at the Northampton Survival Center
- volunteering at the Food Bank of Western MA
- sponsoring an Alternative Gift Market
- decorating and packaging cookies for our college students
During Lent, members of the youth group led the congregation in a mission project to fill household and bathroom welcome kits for the New American Program of Jewish Family Services in Springfield, MA.
Some upcoming events:
May 28 ~ 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. meeting in the Edwards Room.
June 18 ~ Tornado Relief in Conway following worship.
June 25 ~ 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Year end celebration and sending forth our high school graduates!