Youth Group combines a balance of fellowship, faith and mission opportunities, and is open to all youth in this and the surrounding communities in grades 6 – 12. Youth and their leaders meet on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. We will start our year on September 30, meeting in the Edwards Room. Several times a year we gather with sister churches in Northampton for ecumenical youth events.
Participation in the life of the church and the community includes:
- serving at the Advent dinner
- serving at Cathedral in the Night
- hosting the annual Palm Sunday Breakfast
- participating as liturgists, ushers and communion servers during worship
- participating in outreach projects
- Participating in the Hot Chocolate Run and the PRIDE Parade
Mission opportunities, both local and beyond this community and have included:
- hurricane relief efforts in Monson, MA
- gleaning for Rachel’s Table in Springfield, MA
- volunteering at Cathedral in the Night
- volunteering at the Food Bank of Western MA
- decorating and packaging cookies for our college students
During Lent, members of the youth group invited members and friends of Edwards Church to contribute donations for NuDay Syria. Suggested items included: dry foods, rice, beans (canned or dried), protein bars, toothpaste & toothbrushes, bars of soap, women’s hygiene items, bandages, children’s Tylenol, Neosporin, and Advil.
Some upcoming events:
January 13, 2019 – 11:30-1:00 ~ We are going bowling at Spare Time.
January 27, 2019 – 11:30-1:00 We’ll attend Annual Meeting and then meet in the Edwards Room.